Sunday, December 12, 2010

Welcome to My World

Howdy!

Before we begin, I ask that you please bear with me as this whole blogging thing is completely new in my world, and I can guarantee I will make mistakes along the way.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, let's start, shall we? I am in the midst of getting ready to set off on a new adventure in my life and had a thought, "With all that is happening and about to happen, how in the world am I going to be able to remember it all?" In the past, I have kept a journal to commemorate the unique moments in my life, however, there are obvious limitations to that medium. Instead I chose to keep journal-ing while adding a 21st century twist. So here we are. I can't promise that I am always going to have something compelling to say or be able to lay profound wisdom before you, but I can promise that what I write will be from the heart and of importance to me. 

So what is this new little adventure I speak of? Well, I am getting ready to move to Austin for work. My job allows me the ability to do this every 18 months. From January to at least June, I have the opportunity to work in the halls of the state capitol. This will be my second legislative session to work, and I could not be more excited. 

Adding another level of change is the fact that I have a new boss. Since my primary position is in the district, I am also in the middle of tearing down my previous boss' office and opening the new boss' office. It has been a challenge, but one I take on gladly. I consider myself a very blessed girl, and this new chapter is simply another blessing to add to the ever-growing list. So my dear friends, for those that I will be saying "goodbye for now" to in just a few short weeks, know that I will miss you and I will expect a phone call should you decide to make a trip to Austin in the coming months. To those I have not seen since my last Austin stint, I am so excited to be working with you again under the pink dome and gallivanting around with you through the streets of Austin. 

Now that we're caught up with the major changes in my professional life, here's a rather big one going on in my family life: I am going to be an aunt! While I would love to tell you all that I am not going to be one of those crazy, obsessed aunts, I just cannot guarantee this. I have a feeling I will be gushing over this little boy the moment he gets here in April and quite possibly before. I treat and squee over my dog, Britton, as though she were my child, so chances are I will be doing the same, if not worse, over this addition to my family. 

I believe we are about as caught up as we can be for now. From here on into the future, please accept my thanks for your interest in my life. I hope I do not bore you too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment